The Classe 5 is one of Rancilio's best selling economical commercial espresso machines. The Classe 5 is designed for active environments where simplicity combined with over-the-top customer service is a priority. Rancilio Classe 5 has a beautiful contemporary presentation featuring brushed stainless steel, quality construction and available accessories such as the iSteam wand for easy heating and frothing of milk products. The Rancilio Classe 5 comes with Brew Steady, Rancilio's newest group head design which provides superior temperature stability at the brewing group. The Classe 5 has an 11 liter boiler with a 4300 watt element. These large internal components are there to ensure your machine does not waver in temperature or run out of steam. Furthermore, Rancilio also updated their Classe 5 key pads for durability. Classe 5 is available in two dosing types: barista controlled (semi-automatic) or volumetric dosing. Independent heat exchanger system, internal volumetric pump and USB port (Volumetric Dosing Only) combined with a hot water dispenser and back lighting for key pads make this the machine for only dedicated baristas whether seasoned or just starting out. Consider the Rancilo Classe 7 espresso machine if you would like a digital display, shot timer and additional barista features.
|Group Height||Traditional Height - All models | Tall - USB models only|
|Color Options||Ice White | Anthracite Black | Stone Grey|
|Models||Classe 5, Classe 5 Compact|
|Dosing Operation||Semi-Automatic, USB Volumetric Dosing|
|Steam Wand||Standard, iSteam | C-Lever Actuation|
|Other Options||Cup Warmer|
- Barista Lighting: A lighted deck with backlighting of operation buttons. This extra feature provides baristas with a clear and very important view of product quality and creates a beautiful ambience in dimmer atmospheres
- 5 Key Drink Selection: On volumetric Dosing models only, the 5 key has four programmable buttons per group for barista convenience and preferred drink volumes. You can choose to program traditionally, which would be a single and double ristretto, and a single and double long or decide to create your own preferred selections. The Right (Stop) is your manual button. This button can be used to stop a pour, rinse your group after brewing or to brew beverages manually. This button can also be disabled.
- Locking Steam Handle (Clever): Move the Clever up to lock your wand open. Direct it down to pulse or purge your steam wand. Locking the lever in place not only offers baristas physical relief but frees them to utilize both hands for steaming to build textures in dairy and non-daily offerings. The ability to lock your steam wand is a favorite feature for many equipment owners and baristas.
- Pre-Infusion (Volumetric Dosing Only): This feature comes disabled but can be enabled in advanced programming.
- Soft Infusion System: Provides you peace of mind over quality and product consistency, no matter who operates your machine. Soft Infusion System addresses a common concern for espresso businesses. Water hitting coffee grounds at full pressure can act like a drill creating holes through the coffee bed. These channels will create an uneven coffee saturation which will effect your brewing time and the taste of your coffee. The purpose of the soft infusion system is to postpone water at high pressure from initially being introduced to the coffee grounds. The Soft Infusion Systiem is made up of a chamber inside the brew group which is placed before the shower screen. When you begin to brew, the water enters the chamber first, which dramatically reduces the force of the water down to just a gentle wetting on the the gounds bed. This wetting prepares the grounds before normal brewing pressure. Only once the chamber fills, will the machine operate at full pressure.(appoximately 9 Bar). By slowly introducing water to the coffee bed, this also allows the water to evenly saturate your coffee, correcting any fissures or air pockets caused by uneven tamping.
- Steady Brew: A new group head design by the engineers at Rancilio. The purpose of the Brew Steady feature is to help stabilize brewing temperature beyond the traditional temperature consistency offered by a commercial espresso machine designed with heat exchanger system.. Traditionally, technicians were limited in adjusting brewing temperature. This redesign incorporates a way for the technician to eliminate or plug the feature so you can manipulate your temperatures up or down. Learn more about the new Steady Brew feature here:
- Tilted Portafilters: A feature you will find on many quality espresso machines. Ergonomically designed to prevent strained angles or harmful repetitive motion for baristas. A secondary benefit is that the portafilter will sit on the counter holding the basket level. A great feature if you prefer to tamp on the counter.
- USB (Volumetric Dosing Only): Download information from your espresso machine to a USB stick for counters, errors and values for business and technical analysis. Back up feature, saves only programming values if for some reason they were accidentally erased, electronics were replaced or for duplication on multiple machines. Also used by technicians for necessary software updates.
- Cup Warmer: Your boiler is insulated but it will heat your ceramic cups when placed above your Classe 5. If you find that they are not warm enough, this optional cup warmer will be your answer.
STEAM WAND OPTIONS
Manual steam wand which comes standard on all Classe 5 espresso machines.
- iSteam Wand is an automatic steam wand that allows you to program for both foam texture as well as desired temperature. The iSteam does all the work for you. This all-in-one steam wand is a good choice for those wishing to simplify the drink preparation process freeing hands for other activities. Be aware that the iSteam will take longer than heating and frothing manually.
Classe 5 Leaflet
Classe 5 S Spec Sheet
Classe 5 S 1 Group Spec Sheet
Classe 5 USB Spec Sheet
|1 Group||22"||21"||16"||73lb||1600W||110-120V||4 Liters|
|2 Compact||22"||21"||24"||106lb||3000W||208-220V||5 Liters|
|2 Group||22"||21"||31"||122lb||4300W||208-220V||11 Liters|
|3 Group||22"||21"||40"||155lb||6000W||208-220V||16 Liters|
Preventative Maintenance Recommendation
Machines serving 250 beverages or more
Replace Group Gaskets
Replace Shower Screens (or as needed)
Re-build Hot water Valve
Re-build Steam Valves
Replace Brew Baskets
Replace Vacuum Valve
Biennial (2 years)
Replace Pressure Switch
Replace Porta-Filters (2-3 years)
Replace Brew Valve (2-3 years)
Triennial (3 years)
Replace Safety Valve
Re-build Cold Valve Block Assembly
Rancilio models include a one year limited parts warranty. Your warranty will begin upon the date of installation as stated in the installation form or 90 days from the date of purchase, whichever comes first. The Rancilio Group warrants that the equipment it has manufactured will be commercially free of defects in material and workmanship within the applicable warranty period. These warranties do not apply to any equipment that, in the Rancilio Group’s judgment, has been affected by misuse, neglect, alteration, improper installation or operation, improper maintenance or repair, damage, or casualty. For more information on your equipment warranty and a complete list of warranty exclusions, please reference the full warranty statement.
ESN Extended Warranty: Our extended warranties come complimentary with your purchase and are provided to enhance Rancilio's product warranty. Your ESN Extended Warranty is clearly stated on your invoice and will address labor, travel, and part service . Warranties are adjustable and will vary from machine to machine.